It’s that time of year again: time to think about your taxes. We know that this topic can be intimidating for anyone, especially an entrepreneur. Lucky for you, we’re here to make this process as easy as it can be.
We have compiled a list of things that you should be sure to give to your accountant when going to them to get your taxes filed.
- A copy of last year’s tax return – included state & local – if they don’t have a copy of that already
- A copy of your driver’s license (& your spouse’s too, if applicable)
- The names and birthdates of all dependents you have
- Your business’ profit & loss statement, balance sheet and the general ledger for 2021
- All 1099’s you received – that would include the forms 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-K, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, 1099-B, etc.
- All W-2’s received by you and our spouse, if applicable
- Anything that comes in the mail that says “important tax documents”
While this list is a great start, it might not capture everything that your accountant will need. If they notice that anything is missing, they will also let you know.
If you are looking for experienced tax professionals to handle your business’ taxes and books, then CPA On Fire is what you are looking for. CPA On Fire team members have helped online entrepreneurs grow exponentially in their business for over 25 years. We take the intimidating aspect of running your business – your financials – and make sure everything is handled fully. Get freedom from accounting, tax, and regulatory and get scalable growth, peace of mind, and profit. Let’s connect and see what CPA On Fire can do for you.